Thursday, November 17, 2011

It's The Most Wonderful Time....

  We've finally come to my favorite time of year. The frenzy of ordering and receiving new products at the stores, choosing which candies and gourmet snacks to stock (Tiramisu hot cocoa mix, Coffee Caramel ice cream topping, Monastery caramels, to name a few!). Actual work-related work!
  Many times, we don't even know what has been ordered, so it's like Christmas when a shipment comes. Or sometimes, we have the name of a few products, but we don't know what they are. This year is a bit different because the buyer (the owner of the store) had knee surgery, so she's been working from home. We've been having lengthy phone calls going over what we have in stock, what sold well, what should we stock. So, we have a better idea about what's coming. Yesterday, it was about an hour's worth of conversation about playmobil. These were the toys I always wanted as a kid, but never got. Now I buy them for Katrina so I can play with them too.
I can't wait to see the "Indiana Jones Treasure Hunter" set in person!
We're expecting to get several shipments on Friday when I'm scheduled to work, by myself. It may not be pretty, but I'll be enjoying myself!

No comments :