Wednesday, June 13, 2012

No TV?

Apart from the Tour de France, I doubt I'll be watching any television this summer - I'll be enjoying chicken TV instead! Already these chicks are hilarious.

Yesterday was Day 2 of their lives. I thought they might enjoy some "extra protein" so I sent Katrina to the bait shop for some waxworms. I ran home over lunch, and we introduced the girls to live food.

At first they were scared of the worms. Then they got curious and pecked at them for a few minutes. Then, finally, one chick picked up a worm. The other girls saw her, and each picked up a worm too. But then, they really didn't know what to do with them. So, they ran around for a few minutes, each with a worm in their beak. 

By this point, we were laughing so hard we could hardly see! Finally, Pickles realized she could eat this thing in her beak, and down it went. Then she wanted another, so she started chasing her sisters, trying to grab theirs (Go Pickles!), and some worm tug-of-war ensued. Little Jamie finally swallowed hers, and poor Babs (who I think is more of a Barbara - we'll see) was still not sure what to do with hers.

More tug-of-war! Little Jamie came up the victor, and poor Babs didn't get any worm. She needs to learn to stick up for herself a little more.

After all that entertainment, I dried my eyes (tears of laughter!) and had to go back to work!


No comments :