Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Random Wednesday - a raccoon heavy post

Just a quick update on a few things before I have to jump in the shower and get ready for work.

1. The Epic Paper Mâchè project is almost finished, and it is, in fact, a dead/bloated raccoon. As the story goes, Karl and Mark needed a team name for an upcoming MTB race, and as they were riding one hot afternoon, the came across a dead, bloated raccoon that inspired Mark "How about Team Raccoon Balloon?" and thus, the team was born. So, all that is left to do is some finishing touches to the face: some white accents and an X over each eye, then he'll be ready for photos.

2. I was invited to join Team Space Ghost and run a 5K in the Literacy Network Run/Walk in Madison. I'm hoping there will be more run than walk. I'm excited about being on the team. I have 6 weeks to get ready. Today I ran 1 mile in 13 minutes.

3. I trapped one of the raccoons (a baby!) that has been stealing tomatoes out of my garden. I know there is one more (the mama) because I saw it run across the yard, but I think there are additional siblings at large as well. I'll keep you updated.

No comments :