Thursday, October 25, 2012

In Which I Arrive

  The post-vacation glow is starting to lift. I want to prolong it as much as possible, so I'm just going to tell about it in little bits. 

  My outgoing flight was uneventful. I left a gray morning with a few sprinkles. A short layover at O'Hare airport - just long enough to grab a sandwich. My "economy" flight had no snacks, just beverage. That's OK, I was busy knitting. Arrival in New Hampshire was in the sunshine. An airport security guard (a dude!) complimented my hair. I thought "Wow, I am going to like it here!" Car rental was a breeze, and because they were disorganized, I got a free upgrade. From a Toyota Corolla to a Kia Sportage - plenty of room to haul a bike, and it's a size I'm used to driving. Dave, my trusty Garmin, got me to the hotel without a problem. The "Moose Crossing" signs on the highway made me giggle.

  Hotel check-in was a breeze, and my room was on the ground floor. I had a patio door that opened right onto the parking lot, with a view of a funeral home / crematory. But, the room was nice, and I didn't plan on spending a lot of time in there. I asked at the desk where to go for dinner, and she recommended the restaurant right across the street. Yummy - home made soup and a nice salad with some really good dill bread on the side.

 After dinner, Dave found me a Walgreens, and I went for some essentials (I never bring toiletries, just buy travel size when I arrive) and a few snacks. By then it was almost bedtime and I was tired, so, as usual, I was in bed by 9pm.

All in all, everything went smoothly, and I was happy for that.

Up next: exploring Portsmouth.


No comments :