Friday, December 23, 2011

I think I can, I think I can...

Two more days. Two more days. Two more days.

 
  Everyone, I beg of you, for the sake of those poor people who work in retail, shop early, do your homework before you shop, know where you are, and don't be rude because it's three days before Christmas and they're sold out of what you want. You should have bought it last month when you were here and it was still in stock. Call ahead to see if the store carries what you're looking for, and keep it short and sweet: "Do you have that electronic Monopoly ?" "No, I'm sorry, we don't carry that " "OK, thank you." That's all you need. The person answering the phone is probably trying to wrap a plastic dinosaur, and could really use both hands right now. And for god's sake, return the "Hello" you get when you walk in the door. We're just being friendly!

And please! Stop asking why so many things are made in China! It's because the Chinese people will work for a fraction of what an American would expect to be paid! I guarantee the price of that item would be at least three times what it is now. Would you pay $24 for a jump rope just because it was made in the US? I highly doubt it.

  Do your part by shopping in small businesses. Not just at the holidays, but all year long. Become one of those people they call by name when you come in the door.

No comments :