Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Weird, huh?

It just occurred to me that when it comes to biking around town, I'm fickle. I have no problem hooking up an ancient Burley (salvaged from someones trash) and getting a week's worth of groceries. I also have no riding to the store, stuffing 2 roasting chickens and six bags of frozen green beans (it was a stock up sale!) into my backpack and riding home - quite the workout, I might add. But when it comes to biking to work, I'll find any excuse not to: too much to carry, have to stop for ice, too cold, etc. I think the fact that it's only 3/4 of a mile to work has a lot to do with it. It's too short of a distance to "gear up" but too long to wear civvies when it's below 50 degrees. I do have a fabulous backpack, plus a bike bag and rear rack, plenty of room for all my essentials (purse, lunch, knitting, extra knitting just in case, snack for Katrina, snack for me, book for Katrina...). So, I'm changing my attitude. Starting today. I'm biking today, it's 51 degrees, I'm in civvies (but with windproof gloves!), and I have to stop for ice.

No comments :