Tuesday, April 26, 2011

If I can stay awake...

Yes, it has been a while since my last post.

I think I've been busy, but I really couldn't give you any details because my brain is not exactly 100% functional right now. It's weird how seven hours straight of a repetitive task can addle your brain. Yes, it's almost Mother's Day, so I'm working at the flower place. Today was 3 carnations in a vase, for the whole day. I really hate carnations.

On the knitting front, I started a pair of socks for myself, then I volunteered to test-knit a sock pattern (kind of like proofreading, but with yarn), so my socks got set aside for a while. I dyed some yarn with Easter Egg dye. That was fun.

We had a good Easter. Mom and I played 2 duets in church. She was nervous, but I wasn't. Both pieces went just fine. Then we went to Mom and Dad's house, where we ate, napped, and had an egg hunt. The egg hunt scared up a snake, so of course the poor snake had to be "humanely euthanized." Why is Mom so surprised when she sees a snake in the yard? They live in the woods for goodness sake!


So it's back to business as usual. Well, except for the extra job on days when I'm not at the store. But that only lasts a short while.

And now it's time to give the cat her bath.

No comments :