Monday, January 23, 2012

Life and stuff

  I realized yesterday that a year has passed since my initial surgery. The actual anniversary date slipped by me, but I'm not really the type of person who "celebrates" those kinds of things. I'm much more interested in the things going on right now: guinea pigs, knitting, snow, jobs, etc. 
  

The guinea pig is doing well, no obvious signs of babies, but I'm taking her for an ultrasound soon so we'll know for sure.


I've finished several smaller knitting projects in the last week: a scarf and mitten set and a toddler hat; just 2 thumbs remaining on some mittens that will get felted, and I also started Katrina's birthday socks.






We finally got significant snowfall, and now today it's rainy and melty (yuk!). 





  Work is deathly slow, inventory went by quickly with not too many errors; I got called to work the Valentine's Day rush at the flower place (yay! I love working there!). So all you men in Chicagoland, buy your special lady some flowers at CVS, BP, or Walgreens - make sure they're from Exclusively Roses! There's a chance I was the one who arranged them with loving care. 

  Today I applied for a second part time job. I hope I get it, but I'm sure there are a bajillion other applicants. A friend did a tarot reading for me, and it said I need to be calm and wait, so I'm trying really hard not to get excited about that one. But it's hard not to get excited about a job for the Trek Travel company!

  We've also finalized plans for Katrina's birthday trip. We decided a few years ago that since she has PLENTY of stuff, we'd give her "experiences" for her birthday instead. Up until now, she's chosen a day trip to a museum in Chicago. Last year she brought a friend. This year, she decided she wanted something different. We're going overnight to the Kalahari Resort and Waterpark in the Wisconsin Dells. I think I'm just as excited as she is. I'm going surfing!

No comments :