Monday, February 20, 2012

Decisions, Decisions...

  You wouldn't think it would be so difficult to choose a pattern for a sweater. How many can there be to choose from? Well it depends on what type of sweater: a pullover, adult sized, in the type of yarn I want to use has 5172 patterns listed on Ravelry. A Cardigan, same size, same yarn - 3708. I want to make one of each. How do I possibly narrow it down? Well, I kind of have an idea of the shape I want, and I know I want cables on the pullover. 
 After hours and hours of looking, I have narrowed it down to three pullovers, and five or six cardigans. Each with their pros and cons. I won't bore you with all the photos here.  (If you'd like to put in your 2¢ worth, email me, and I'll send you the photo links.) I still picture myself with my old, top-heavy shape, so I don't really know what's going to look good on me and what's going to make me look like I'm wearing a potato sack.

No comments :