Thursday, February 23, 2012

The deed is done.

It reminds me of a juicy blackberry
  

I'm sure you'll all be thrilled to know I have chosen my two sweater patterns, and have already started on the first one. I'm beginning with the cardigan, and it's nearly impossible to describe the color of the yarn (even the photo doesn't do it justice - sort of a purpley/goldish/bluish), so here's a photo:


And the pattern? Well, after much deliberation, I have settled on this:
Obviously, this is not me. Photo from the web
It's knit from the top down, which is a new technique for me. I started last night, and I'm already past the first buttonhole! 

Not too much knitting will get done this weekend though, because this is the weekend we're taking Katrina (and her BFF) to the Kalahari for some water park fun. Hilarity will ensue as I surf the Flowrider, tackle the climbing wall, and lose at laser tag.

Once again, not me.
I'm sure there will be plenty of photos of my pasty white Wisconsin winter skin to show you next week.

No comments :