Monday, February 6, 2012

Wait. What?

  I'm still armpit deep in flowers, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Katrina summed it up when she said yesterday morning "When is the last day you didn't work?" - and I couldn't remember! But that's a discussion for another day.
  When she said that, she was still mostly asleep, it was 7:15 am and I was leaving for work. I promised to call her at lunchtime, since we hadn't seen each other for more than 5 minutes in the last 36 hours. I actually forgot to call during my lunch break, so I called during our afternoon snack break. 
  I asked what she had done during the day. She said "Dad took me to the mall." I made her repeat it, and yes, she actually said that Karl had taken her to the mall, and that it was HIS idea! I was suspicious. She explained that she has been saving her money for a specific t-shirt, and she was going to order it online, but Karl said he would take her to the store at the mall so she didn't have to pay the shipping. OK, that makes sense, and sounds like something Karl would say. Then she went on. "And we went to Bath & Body Works because Dad wanted to get something." Oh? Well, it is almost Valentine's Day, but he never gets me anything for "that made-up holiday". I pried a little - "What did he have to get? Some aftershave or something?" "No, something for Jamie at work.". What? Whoa! Jamie is a dude. A big, hairy dude.
Unfortunately, break time was over, and I could not ask any other questions.
  So, I had the rest of the afternoon to digest this little information nugget. Do I need to have a "special talk" with my husband? Will I be free to pursue hot men in lycra? Will they believe I am only 29?

I still don't have all the details, but I was disappointed to find out that he was buying some scented hand sanitizer as a joke. 

No hot cyclists for me.
Bummer.

No comments :