Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Some news!

Finally, I got some news.
A nice message was on the machine when I got home from work tonight.
My genetic test results are in (3 days short of the 2 week wait) and it showed no genetic mutations. Whew! I don't have to contact all 18 of my cousins to advise them to get tested. I'm supposed to call my genetic counselor tomorrow (she's grew up in Joliet - small world!).

Work was boring again - I got about 5 inches done on a knitted gift. Karl made yummy Toad-in-the-Hole for dinner. Now it's time to practice the music I got last night for the Thanksgiving Eve church service. Nothing like waiting until the last minute Mrs. Choir Director!

2 comments :

Sarah said...

I'm glad you got some good news! Hmmm, Toad-in-a-hole...I think I want to know more about that.

Jill said...

Glad to hear that you're getting news so you can start (sorta) planning. Yes, shockingly, the world continues to turn even when it seems it shouldn't. Just don't let it spin you out of control over the holidays in particular! Opt out when you need to -- YOU are the focus right now, not the turkey or the tree! Hang in there.