Tuesday, January 25, 2011

So sleepy!

Yesterday morning was busy and it WIPED ME OUT!

I had a 9:30 doctors appointment. Karl had to drive me and Katrina had to come along since there was no school, so it was a hectic "get ready to go" morning. The appointment went well - I got my drains removed and some stitches out (TMI?). Then, Karl drops us off at home and he goes to work. So, Katrina and I snuggled up and watched some TV. Lunchtime rolls around and since I am not a big PBJ fan (which was what Katrina was going to make us for lunch), I suggested Culver's. I refuse to be seen in public in my fuzzy pajama pants, so it was a quick trip through the drive-thru for some kids meals.

After lunch, I could barely keep my eyes open. I laid down with the TV on, and pretty soon it was 3:30! On a normal day when Katrina is home, she doesn't leave me alone - "Mom, look at this" and "Mom, watch this" and a never ending narrative of what's going through her head. Yesterday, though, she played her Wii game and watched TV and I never heard her. She said she came upstairs to check on me, and I was asleep so she closed the door so I wouldn't wake up when she got a snack. She has to be the best kid ever.

Today, I'm taking it easy. I do have to go to the drugstore. Maybe I'll do some knitting, but the project is getting bigger, and it's kind of hard to hold it up. Guess I'll have to start something smaller - socks.

1 comment :

Jill said...

Good on Katrina! I do believe kids have a lot more resilience than we give them credit for and can rise to many challenges with grace and compassion. Of course, having great parents to set an example helps, so give yourself a pat on the back - once the doctor says you can raise your arms! :-)