Sunday, February 27, 2011

I survived


Despite the snow and the protests at the capitol, we had a good crowd for our gig last night. We had a really last minute sub in the trumpet section (so last minute, I didn't get the email until I was home again), and she was great. I hope she can play with us again. The trumpets did have a little boo-boo in the last few measures of In The Mood, but nobody got hurt and we laughed about it.


We had a great time at the Field Museum on Friday.





We saw big dinosaur bones



We got to be pesky barnacles

We saw multicultural butt cracks


And the girls got worn out!
I got my beef sandwich at Portillos, but to save room, I skipped the fries and shake - I have finally graduated to the "Big Beef," and I ate all but about 3 bites. It's probably a good thing we live 2 1/2 hours from Portillos, or there would be a whole lot more of me to love!

No comments :