Thursday, February 3, 2011

Whew!

Well, we made it through the blizzard with everything intact. Now it's the deep freeze for a few days. As much as I love winter, I'm glad I don't have to go out for a few days. Well, unless you count walking Katrina to the bus, which I am doing again, and I don't really count that because I'm still wearing my jammies under my snow pants.
Hopefully, I'll get my remaining 4 stitches out tomorrow, then I can legally shower. (I've had a few illicit showers in the last week). These "tissue expanders" are not as comfortable as I had imagined. The injection ports stick out like freaky tumors. I think I start getting "re-inflated" next week - 100ml per week until I'm the size I want. That won't take too long, since I'm going small. I just want to be over and done with this whole thing.
It is the first Thursday in February, so that means City Band rehearsals start up again. I'm going to see how I do tonight. I need a roadie to carry my stuff, and I don't think I'll be able to hold up my horn for very long. It's also difficult to get a good, deep breath, so I hope I can get a good sound, or any sound at all. I still have a few more weeks before I play with Ladies Must Swing at the High Noon Saloon. I'll have to work on my endurance, there's no room on that stage for a chair for me.

No comments :