Wednesday, March 16, 2011

All Outta Whack

It's amazing how one little change of schedule can throw everything off. Normally, I work on Wednesdays and Fridays during the week. This week, my co-worker needed Thursday off, so I'm working Thursday and Friday. That's not that big of a deal, right? No, it completely throws off my workout schedule, because I don't have time before work for anything more than a few sit-ups (which aren't very fun anyway). But, with Coach Karl's help, I got it ironed out: Easy spin on Monday, run on Tuesday, hard spin/intervals on Wednesday, quick run on Thursday before work (but that means no morning email check!).
So, of course, my boss throws a wrench in the works by calling me at 9:15 on Tuesday morning - "I'm not feeling well. Can you come in this morning and work a few hours while I got home and lay down for a while?" Yes, I will. Mostly because she'll make me feel guilty if I don't. Having only three employees (including her) to cover two store can be a problem sometimes.
Well, since I was just settling in to watch the final stage of a bike race, and planned to run afterwards, I had to quickly shower, dress, and get to work by 10. Luckily, it's a 3 minute commute. But, I did forget to pack my lunch.
I've whined before that business has been slow, and yesterday was no exception. It was extra annoying because I knew I should have been at home, working through my to-do list for the day and getting some good exercise in. In the end, I completely cancelled out the good I could have done by having a Snickers bar and Dr. Pepper for lunch. And, working at that store always makes my back and hips hurt (nowhere to sit, bad ergonomics at the counter), so I didn't exercise anyway. Boo on me.
But today will be better. I took the cat to the vet to get his teeth cleaned. I have a doctor's appointment this morning. Then, I will go for a run because it's a beautiful day and I don't want to spin in the basement when the sun is shining! I will NOT stop at Arby's for lunch. Or at least I'll just have a kid's meal and no dessert.

No comments :