Thursday, March 31, 2011

Good Morning to You!

It was an early morning today, and not by choice. Karl had to drop his car off at the mechanic's, and it had to be there before 7am. So, I had to follow, then drive him to work. The mechanic is half an hour away, so I was up way before the sun. It's 8:30am, and I've already downed a large coffee. Needless to say, I had a good hour of driving by myself, so my mind was wandering. I am definitely a "glass-is-half-full" person, so I was thinking about all of the positives that have come from this whole breast cancer thing:

  • I never have to worry about High-Beams again

  • A legitimate reason to ask people if my boobs look good in this shirt

  • I can go braless for the first time since 3rd grade

  • I can play the "survivor" card when I'm fundraising - and its working!

  • Now I have to update my wardrobe

Of course, there are a few negatives



  • Pain

  • Long-term discomfort

  • Missing work

But the most noticeable negative is that my cat can't "make biscuits" on my boobs anymore because they're no longer squishy. Maybe the permanent implants will be less firm, but right now, poor Braxton doesn't know what to do! Poor kitty.


No comments :