Thursday, March 10, 2011

Look out.

Excuse me while I have a bit of a venting session. I'm all by myself, so there's no one to listen.

Last night, about every 20 minutes between the hours of 8:30 and 10, the kid came in to tell me she couldn't fall asleep. This has become the norm at our house. Normally, I'm fast asleep by 9:15pm. So, of course, after the third session, I was getting frustrated and crabby.
Early this morning, right before I was rudely awakened by a 10 year old's elbow in the middle of my back, I had an awful dream: my kid wouldn't listen to me, I was yelling and crying, I had gotten a horrible haircut, and we were late for somewhere.

Needless to say, I woke up in a grumpy mood.
Then, while getting the aforementioned kid ready for school, I discover she has not done all of her homework. She is the QUEEN of procrastination, and was too "busy with her iPod" to do that second page of spelling. I even reminded both her and dad that it needed to be done (as I was walking out the door). That man is not to be trusted. Grrrr
Time to leave for the bus! Kid's boots are soaking wet from playing outside yesterday. She'll have to wear her leather "fashion" boots. I instruct her to stay out of the snow, puddles, and mud. We arrive at the bus stop, where the other kids are trying to repair the snowman they made yesterday morning (that an evil 5th grader kicked over). Of course, Katrina heads straight in to the snow, and is upset that I remind her to stay out of the snow ("Those aren't snow boots.").
Luckily, a few good things happened - I practiced my horn, got to watch the finish of today's race, had a good doctor's appointment (more inflation - I'm up to AA cup). Some not-so-good things happened too - I didn't get my morning bike ride, so I have to squeeze it in after school; I ate junk food for lunch and now regret it; so it counteracted the good things, and I'm back to grumpy.
I'm crossing my fingers that I don't blow up if she comes home with muddy boots. I'm thankful she's going to spend the weekend at Nana and Papa's house. I need a break from that mini-me.

No comments :