Sunday, March 20, 2011

Rainy Day Activity

I wasn't able to stick to my program last week, but I tried - I did get a short run on one day, and I biked to work on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. OK, so maybe the commute doesn't count - it's only 3/4 of a mile each way, but it's better than driving! Now I'm back to a normal Wed/Fri work week, but I'll still be biking to work as much as possible.


I have the afternoon to myself. The hubby took the kid to a family birthday party (his side). I should vacuum, but that can wait - there aren't any cat-hair tumbleweeds yet. I'm making cookies - Great Aunt Elizabeth's Oatmeal Raisin. One of my favorite recipes. The recipe makes about a bajillion cookies, so I'm sure there will be at least one or two left when the family gets home tonight. I did make them a little healthier than the original recipe - I substituted half the flour with whole wheat and I reduced the sugar a bit. Besides, my mantra is "It's not junk food if you made it from scratch."


Later this evening, I have rehearsal with Ladies Must Swing, which is why I did not join in the birthday merriment. It's always fun to play with LMS, way more fun than a 70th birthday party for the husband's uncle.

No comments :